Bolivar Royal Corona Cuban Cigars
The world of cigars houses an abundance of choices, each with its own legacy and lore. But among these, the Bolívar Royal Corona stands out, emanating its rich Havana roots and offering a smoky embrace that few others can rival. From its potent flavor to its storied history, the Bolivar Royal Corona has undoubtedly earned its revered position. Dive with us into the intricate world of this Cuban masterpiece.
Table of Contents
- An Overview: What Makes the Bolívar Royal Corona Special?
- Historical Underpinnings: The Birth of a Legend
- A Peek Inside: The Manufacturing Process
- Key Distinctions: Awards and Recognition
- Understanding the Flavors: From First Puff to Last
- The Robusto Family: Where Does the Royal Corona Fit?
- Decoding the Vitola: Specifications and Features
- For Aficionados: Best Practices to Smoke and Store
- The Bolívar Line: Beyond the Royal Corona
- Closing Thoughts: Why the Royal Corona is a Must-Try
1. An Overview: What Makes the Bolívar Royal Corona Special?
The Bolívar Royal Corona is more than just another cigar – it’s an experience. Its perfect blend of woody, spicy, and peppery aromas makes it a sought-after delight among aficionados and novices alike. With every drag, one can sense the high-quality Cuban tobacco, representative of its roots in Havana.
2. Historical Underpinnings: The Birth of a Legend
Named after Simón Bolívar, the liberator of South America, the Bolívar brand was launched in 1901. Its link to such a prominent figure signifies its intent – to deliver a smoke as powerful and robust as Bolívar himself. The Royal Corona, once known by another name in the Finos vitola, was later rebranded, only amplifying its stature in cigar circles.
3. A Peek Inside: The Manufacturing Process
Handcrafted in Cuba, each Bolívar Royal Corona undergoes a meticulous process. The selection of the finest tobaccos from the Vuelta Abajo region, the fermentation, the careful wrapping – each step ensures the cigar delivers a unique flavor profile.
4. Key Distinctions: Awards and Recognition
One cannot discuss this cigar without mentioning its crowning glory. The Royal Corona was awarded the Cigar of the Year by Cigar Aficionado, a testament to its superior quality and unmatched flavor.
5. Understanding the Flavors: From First Puff to Last
The first draw of the Royal Corona introduces a generous load of cocoa and cedar. As one progresses to the middle third, hints of coffee and leather emerge, harmoniously blending with an underlying sweetness. By the last third, the flavors crescendo into a spicy symphony, leaving a long, fulfilling finish.
6. The Robusto Family: Where Does the Royal Corona Fit?
Falling under the Robusto size, the Bolívar Royal Corona delivers a medium-full bodied smoke, making it a favorite among those who crave a potent yet smooth experience.
7. Decoding the Vitola: Specifications and Features
|Aroma||Woody, Spicy, Peppery|
8. For Aficionados: Best Practices to Smoke and Store
To get the best out of your Bolívar Royal Corona, ensure a well-maintained humidor. With proper aging, the flavors intensify, making the smoking experience even more exquisite.
9. The Bolivar Line: Beyond the Royal Corona
While the Royal Corona is the star, the Bolívar line offers other gems like the Bolívar Tubos and Bolívar Petit Coronas. Each presents a unique palate, but the signature robustness remains constant.
10. Closing Thoughts: Why the Royal Corona is a Must-Try
- A Harmonious Blend: A potpourri of flavors from earthy to spicy, every puff is a journey.
- Legacy: Rooted in history, the Royal Corona offers more than just a smoke; it offers a story.
- Recognition: Acclaimed globally, its accolades speak volumes of its quality.